Microsoft changed the default program to open pictures file.
See the attached file below to run on the machine to enable selecting again Windows Photo Viewer as a default program to open pictures
Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Window's Server 2016
- 1. Download the Registry file attached to this KB and extract it on your desktop.
- 2. Run that file as a local admin on your windows Server 2016. It won’t let you to extract the registry if you not a local admin/Domain admin of the machine in which you are trying to extract this registry. If prompted, click on Run, Yes to the (UAC), yes, and OK to any warnings to approve the merge.
- 3. After extracting the registry. Next step would be enabling of Photo Viewer in Window Server 2016.
- 4. By default window Photo Viewer is disabled within Windows Server 2016 and we will have to enable to through the following steps mentioned below:
- 5. Click on start button then type in Default Programs and select it.
- 6. The next windows will open default programs’ in Control Panel, then click on set your default programs
- 7. On the left pane under programs scroll down to select Windows photo viewer, then click on Set this program as default.