SolarWinds Backup ports and names
Created by: David Sason
Modified on: Wed, 10 Feb, 2021 at 11:14 AM
- Which ports need to be open for backup manager so I can access the backup-console remotely and allow full access to cloud nodes?
- The following ports should be open for inbound and outbound communication to the backup manager:
- Port 443 TCP. It is almost always open on workstations but may be closed on servers.
- Local port 5000. If this port is unavailable, the Backup Manager detects a free port automatically (starting from 5001, 5002 and up).
- Port 2999 is used for remote connections to the backup manager client and allows access to GUI interface (if closed will give a client is not connected error)
- The DNS should also be whitelisted if router or firewall rules are in place to allow full communication to all storage nodes
- Any Geoblocking should also be configured with an exception for:
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.